11 benefits of a SMSF
Why your own fund might change your view in retirement
If a SMSF structure works for your age and financial goals, it could make the difference to create the life you want in retirement.
How your SMSF is different from a retail or industry fund
- Control over your money – you decide how to invest.
- Potential lower annual running costs (when you have at least $200,000 in the fund).
- Reduce tax on contributions and income through smart strategies.
- Borrow to invest options
- Buy property through the fund (including members pooling their funds to buy).
- Own business property through the fund and lease to a related party.
- Transfer personally owned shares into the fund (as part of your contribution caps).
- More control over lump sums and pensions on retirement.
- Your choice of life insurance structures.
- Smarter asset protection strategies.
- Greater flexibility over estate planning.
Find out if a SMSF is right for you